FIXED DATES TABLE ARE AS FOLLOWS;
1st round: June 1-June 14
2nd round: June 15-June 28
3rd round: June 29-July 12
4th round: July 13-July 26
5th round: July 27-August 09
6th round: August 10-August 23
7th round: August 24-September 6
8th round: September 7-September 20
Bek Travel, 13+ days Western Mongolia Package, All Combined Trip Itinerary in Tavan Bogd National Park.
Following attractive trekking adventure will take place in Western Mongolia, in Altai Tavan Bogd National Park among the snow-capped peaks of the High Altai Mountains, one of the longest mountain chains in Central Asia. In this remote corner where Mongolia, China, and Russia meet, we discover a beautiful swath of untouched wilderness, topped by the 14,000-foot peaks of Tavan Bogd National Park. With Bactrian camels and Mongolian semi wild horses to carry our gear and wranglers team, we camp by alpine lakes, hike to glaciers, explore ancient burial mounds and petroglyphs that are haunting testaments to Mongolia's shamanic traditions, and experience a pristine mountain world where Kazakh nomads still hunt with golden eagles. Join us for a true expedition across trackless terrain - a singular experience for adventurous trekkers.
Fly from UB to Olgii, arrive in the morning, short town introduction (small town) go to Halal Restaurant ( Turkish restaurant) and have brunch. After the brunch, we will drive out of Olgii heading towards to Ranger station of Tavan Bogd mountain. 3000 meters height from sea level. While heading to west you will see a lot of high mountain ranges, cross rivers and enjoy the landscape. Arrive at the Ranger station after 5-6 hours of drive and overnight in gers.
After the breakfast, start riding on horses, having camels loaded by food and equipment and after 5-6 hours of riding arrive at the base camp of Tavan Bogd mountain. You will see small pristine lakes of fresh water from the snow capped mountains which are all sacred places for Tuvan Shaman people. Set up our tents and start the camping. See Potanian glacier around the base camp. Overnight in tents.
Climb to Malchin peak on this day which is 4000 meters high. Then climb down to the base camp and overnight.
Ride back to the ranger station on horseback. Arrive at the Ranger station and overnight in gers.
Start trekking from Ranger station heading to Bear valley thru Dakilbay Pass ( Also called Death pass) ( This is the only pass that connects Tavan Bogd mountain area with the lakes area through Aksu River Valley). Overnight in Khar Ayrag Valley before the pass.
We will continue the trekking and pass the Death Pass today, see the green lake and overnight at Bear Valley.
Continue trekking through Aksu valley and arrive at the Uyshik and overnight.
We will continue to trek down the valley and arrive at the Aksu Valley and Overnight in tents.
Continue trekking down to the 3 rivers junction at the end of Aksu Valley. Overnight and meet with the driving team. Overnight in tents.
We will drive to Khairakhti Valley, swim in the lakes, see Archeological site and overnight there in tents.
Today we will drive to a Kazakh nomadic family where we will organize a small nomadic ceremony by Inviting all neighbors and slaughtering a sheep and have “ Five fingers” feast. Sing songs and enjoy your time with nomads.
We ride on horses, we will go to Ikh Turgen valley waterfall on this day and on the way back, we will stop by Kazakh Golden Eagle falconer’s family. And see golden eagle, the amazing bird and have traditional clothes and take pictures of your life. We will ride back to the Kazakh nomadic family. Overnight.
We will drive back to Olgii today. And on the way back, stop in Tsengel and listen to Tuvan Shaman throat singer. Continue driving to Olgii, arrive at our Ger ger camp. See Kazakh family concert. Overnight in gers.
Fly out of Olgii to UB.
End of the trip.
Per Person Fee: 2280 USD
Includes below in Western Mongolia:
- Return tickets between UB and Olgii.
- All meals in Western Mongolia
- Van 4x4, driver
- English speaking guide
- Camels and Horses
- All Accommodations in Western Mongolia
- Border area permits and National Park taxes
- All camping and cooking equipment
- Drinks and toilet papers ( Water, juice etc)
- Eagle hunter’s entertainment fees ( wearing traditional clothes and holding eagles on arms taking photos etc)
- We can also gather for vegetarians and gluten free if required at no additional charges.
- Other administrative costs
Everything in Ulaanbaatar.
Luggage storage, transport and luggage limits with domestic airlines.
With Bek Travel, you can store any extra luggage in Bek’s storage in Olgii before heading out to West for the trip. And any other luggage that you would need for the trip will be loaded on vehicles and camels depending on the itinerary and the places we visit. Camels will carry your baggage together with the food and equipment for the trail. Please note that you will not have access to these items until the end of each day as our pack camels will always be ahead of the group. You should therefore bring a day pack in which you can carry personal belongings such as your camera, water and sun screen etc.
Domestic flights have limit of 15kgs maximum including luggage and hand luggage. Any extra luggage can be of course taken but you will be charged approximately 2USD for each extra kg.
Packing List for 13 days Tavan Bogd National Park all combined Trekking.
- Passport – Bek Travel needs your passport copies before your arrival in Mongolia as they are needed to get border area patrol permits which we will prepare in advance. We will also need them to book the domestic flights.
- Sleeping bag - You will need a good warm sleeping bag for the trek. So please bring a four season (or -10 Celsius / 15 Fahrenheit or below) sleeping bag. Given sleeping bag temperature is a guideline only, although this depends on how much you feel the cold a. Roll mats are provided on the trek however for greater comfort and warmth we recommend you to bring your Thermorest style mattresses. Please let us know if you are bringing your mats. Or we can also provide with matts in case you may not bring it for any reasons.
- Waterproof, well worn-in walking boots - Good quality, comfortable footwear is essential. Whatever you wear on your feet the most important thing is comfort. It is vital to ensure your boots are well worn in and lightweight. Ankle support and waterproof material is recommended but if you already have something comfortable with good grip on rocks then don’t go rushing out to buy new boots – you are better off with your well worn in pair!
- Waterproof clothing - A plastic poncho or any kind of waterproof trousers and jackets are recommended. However a poncho will usually be sufficient if it covers your bag, body and most of your legs.
- Plastic bags - to keep your belongings and clothes dry (wrap everything in plastic bags).
- Small towel and basic personal toiletries - there would be opportunities for cold showers at the campsite so bring travel size shampoo and shower gel if you would like to use it, wet wipes for the rest of the trek is also recommended. You can of course get them in Olgii easily.
- Water bottle – bring one large (1.5 litre) or two or three small water bottles that can be refilled on the trail with boiled water, which will be supplied every morning at the campsite.
- Warm cloth for night time - Fleece, long pants, woolen hat, gloves
- Walking cloth in layers – e.g. zip off trousers, fleece, T-shirts
- Personal medication and basic first aid kit - Bandaids, Imodium, Panadol, rehydration sachets, Just to know, our trek leader would bring first aid kid.
- Snacks - Chocolates, chips, biscuits, energy bars. Snacks are provided during the trek but you may like to bring one or two extras just in case.
- Torch (flash-light) - (Very Important) and spare batteries.
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and sunhat
- Mosquito repellent
- Antiseptic hand gel
Helmet: It would be better if you bring one, because for your safety you would need this when you ride on horse or camel.