1st round: June 02-June 08
2nd round: June 09-June 15
3rd round: June 16-June 22
4th Round: June 23-June 29
5th round: June 30-July 6
6th round: July 7-July 13
7th round: July 14-July 20
8th round: July 21-July 27
9th round: July 28-August 03
10th Round: August 04-August 10
11th round: August 11-August 17
12th round: August 18-August 24
13th round: August 25-August 31
14th round: September 1-September 7
15th round: September 8-September 14
Bek Travel, 7 days Western Mongolia Package, All Combined Hiking Trip Itinerary in Yolt valley, South Western Part of the Tavan Bogd National Park.
Following attractive trekking adventure will take place in Western Mongolia, in South Western Part of Altai Tavan Bogd National Park in Yolt Valley
Fly from UB to Olgii, arrive in the morning, and have brunch at our ger camp. After the brunch, we will drive out of Olgii heading towards to Shegirtay Valley, drive about 4 hours. Arrive at our starting point by the Shegirtay Lake and overnight in tents.
Start our hiking by the lake and pass the Yolt Pass. Heading down into the deep forest Yolt Valley, the wildest part of the whole Tavan Bogd National Park. Arrive at the Horabay Ridge in the Valley and overnight in tents.
We will hike up heading towards Jalanash Pass and cross the Yolt river, overnight by the Eagles Nest Cliff.
We will hike to Shar Gobi summer place and we will arrive at Eagle Hunter’s family whose eagle flies all year round. Overnight in a Yurt and have shower.
Today we will ride on horseback and come along with our eagle hunters with their golden eagles to do the “Real Hunting with Eagles” Activities. ( only activities but we will not hunt any animal in this period of the year). Eagle hunter will show you the Real Activity and feeding and training of the eagle chicks. You will also see Eagles Nest. Overnight in Yurt and have shower and Nomadic Five fingers Ceremony with Nomadic people.
We will drive back to Olgii and have family concert and goodbye party. Overnight at our Ger camp.
Fly out of Olgii to UB.
End of the trip
Per Person Fee: 1450 USD
Includes below in Western Mongolia:
1. Return tickets between UB and Olgii.
2. All meals in Western Mongolia
3. Van 4×4, driver
5. English speaking guide
8. Camels and Horses
9. All Accommodations in Western Mongolia
10. Border area permits and National Park taxes
11. All camping and cooking equipment
12. Drinks and toilet papers ( Water, juice etc)
13. Eagle hunter’s entertainment fees ( wearing traditional clothes and holding eagles on arms taking photos etc)
14. We can also gather for vegetarians and gluten free if required at no additional charges.
15. Other administrative costs
Everything in Ulaanbaatar.
Luggage storage, transport and luggage limits with domestic airlines.
With Bek Travel, you can store any extra luggage in Bek’s storage in Olgii before heading out to West for the trip. And any other luggage that you would need for the trip will be loaded on vehicles and camels depending on the itinerary and the places we visit. Camels will carry your baggage together with the food and equipment for the trail. Please note that you will not have access to these items until the end of each day as our pack camels will always be ahead of the group. You should therefore bring a day pack in which you can carry personal belongings such as your camera, water and sun screen etc.
Domestic flights have limit of 15kgs maximum including luggage and hand luggage. Any extra luggage can be of course taken but you will be charged approximately 2USD for each extra kg.
Packing List for 6 day Tavan Bogd National Park all combined Trekking.
• Passport – Bek Travel needs your passport copies before your arrival in Mongolia as they are needed to get border area patrol permits which we will prepare in advance. We will also need them to book the domestic flights.
• Sleeping bag – You will need a good warm sleeping bag for the trek. So please bring a four season (or -10 Celsius / 15 Fahrenheit or below) sleeping bag. Given sleeping bag temperature is a guideline only, although this depends on how much you feel the cold a. Roll mats are provided on the trek however for greater comfort and warmth we recommend you to bring your Thermorest style mattresses. Please let us know if you are bringing your mats. Or we can also provide with matts in case you may not bring it for any reasons.
• Waterproof, well worn-in walking boots – Good quality, comfortable footwear is essential. Whatever you wear on your feet the most important thing is comfort. It is vital to ensure your boots are well worn in and lightweight. Ankle support and waterproof material is recommended but if you already have something comfortable with good grip on rocks then don’t go rushing out to buy new boots – you are better off with your well worn in pair!
• Waterproof clothing – A plastic poncho or any kind of waterproof trousers and jackets are recommended. However a poncho will usually be sufficient if it covers your bag, body and most of your legs.
• Plastic bags – to keep your belongings and clothes dry (wrap everything in plastic bags).
• Small towel and basic personal toiletries – there would be opportunities for cold showers at the campsite so bring travel size shampoo and shower gel if you would like to use it, wet wipes for the rest of the trek is also recommended. You can of course get them in Olgii easily.
• Water bottle – bring one large (1.5 litre) or two or three small water bottles that can be refilled on the trail with boiled water, which will be supplied every morning at the campsite.
• Warm cloth for night time – Fleece, long pants, woolen hat, gloves
• Walking cloth in layers – e.g. zip off trousers, fleece, T-shirts
• Personal medication and basic first aid kit – Bandaids, Imodium, Panadol, rehydration sachets, Just to know, our trek leader would bring first aid kid.
• Snacks – Chocolates, chips, biscuits, energy bars. Snacks are provided during the trek but you may like to bring one or two extras just in case.
• Torch (flash-light) – (Very Important) and spare batteries.
• Sunscreen, sunglasses and sunhat
• Mosquito repellent
• Antiseptic hand gel
• Helmet: It would be better if you bring one, because for your safety you would need this when you ride on horse or camel.