Eagle festival 2019 | Real Hunting with Eagles - Bek Travel
Starting Point of this trip is Chinggis Khan Airport in Ulaanbaatar Mongolia
Day 01 (October 03) Arrive in Ulaanbaatar, welcomed by Bek Travel’s staff at UB airport. Drive to Edelweiss hotel. After the lunch at Mongolian Nomads restaurant, we will see Natural museum. In the evening we will see Tumen-Enkh Ensemble Mongolian traditional concert. Drive back to Hotel after the dinner.
Day 02 (October 04) Fly from UB to Olgii. Arrive in Olgii, welcomed by Bek and check in hotel in Olgii. See Kazakh family concert and visit local black market and overnight in hotel.
Day 03 (October 05) Start attending the eagle festival with the opening ceremony and after the festival taken to Olgii and overnight in our camp.
Day 04 (October 06) Attend the eagle festival on this day ending with its closing ceremony. Overnight in hotel in Olgii.
Day 05 (October 07) Start driving to Altay village where we will be hosting for the next couple of days. Now it is time to experience the REAL Hunting with eagles on your own along with other eagle hunters. Arrive in Altay at Mr Ardak’s place and have welcome nomadic five finger’s ceremony with locals and other members of the trip. Overnight in wooden houses.
Day 06 (October 08) Start the Real Hunting Activities today. Overnight in wooden houses.
Day 07 (October 09) You will be doing a REAL HUNTING WITH GOLDEN EAGLES along with other eagle hunters accompanying with you. In the afternoon, ride on camels and have fun. Overnight at the same family. Have good bye party. (You will have hot shower facilities there as well).
Day 08 (October 10) Drive back to Olgii. Overnight in Hotels.
Day 09 ( October 11) Fly out of Olgii to UB. Welcomed by Bek Travel’s staff again in UB and drive to Edelweiss hotel. Overnight.
Day 10 (October 12) Our team to pick you up from the hotel and drive everyone to Fly to home countries.
Mongolia package includes for the whole trip;
- One Landcruiser for every 3 people during the whole trip in West.
- 3 Vans 4x4 with drivers for the kitchen team and assistant and for gears.
- Fuel for all vehicles during the whole trip in West.
- 2 English speaking guides PLUS BEK himself for the whole trip members.
- Hotel stays in UB and in Olgii.
- Domestic return tickets between UB and Olgii. ( Expensive tickets which are booked 6 months in advance due to high demand).
- All food, during the trip and at restaurants in Olgii and in UB.
- All Airport transfers in UB and in Olgii.
- All cooking and camping gears.
- Laundry Service
- Generator and fuel , 220 volts for electricity during the hunting stays for battery charging and other uses .
- National park and border office permits ( area you will go is close to Chinese and Mongolian border)
- Eagle festival taxes
- Eagle hunters' fees
- Horses during the eagle hunting and horses to ride from Altay village to Olgii.
- Accommodations during the hunting.
- Cooking team as well as Assistants team and wranglers team and all eagle hunters who will be accompanying with you during the eagle hunting, riding and festival.
- Food in UB.
- Guide in UB
- Vehicles in UB
- Museum and concert tickets in UB.
- other small administration fees Basically, includes everything.
Fee per person for this package trip is 2350 USD.
Important tip: Domestic tickets schedule which is considered as Summer flight schedules will be announced in Late March and domestic return tickets for October specifically during the festival will HAVE TO be booked as soon as the flight schedule is announced. So it is very important. Local aviation companies make domestic tickets at least 2 times more expensive during this time of festival. And Local hotels make their prices 3 times more expensive during this festival. So this trip is quite costly.
Weather: Weather in October will be -2, to -5 during the night and + 5 to + 10 during the day in Bayan Olgii. Warmer clothes are advised to be brought.