Eagle festival 2019, Tavan Bogd Mountains
Eagle festival 2019 | Altay Tavan Bogd Mountains Trekking- Bek Travel
Mongolia Full Board Package, Eagle festival 2019, Altay Tavan Bogd Mountains Trekking by Bek Travel
Starting Point of this trip is Chinggis Khan Airport in Ulaanbaatar Mongolia
Day 01 (October 01) Arrive in Ulaanbaatar, welcomed by Bek Travel’s staff at UB airport. Drive to Edelweiss hotel. After the lunch at Mongolian Nomads restaurant, we will see Natural museum. In the evening we will see Tumen-Enkh Ensemble Mongolian traditional concert. Drive back to Hotel after the dinner.
Day 02 (October 02) Fly from UB to Olgii. Arrive in Olgii, welcomed by Bek and his team. Have breakfast. Then Drive out to Tavan Bogd Ranger station. Arrive at the ger camp at the Rangers station and overnight in heated gers.
Day 03 (October 03) Drive to base camp of Tavan Bogd Mountain and see Potaniin glacier , see 5 Picks and Climb to Malchin peak. After the climb, drive back to the Ranger station. Overnight in the ger camp again.
Day 04 (October 04) Drive to our Eagle hunter's family. See golden eagles, ride on horses for half a day along with the Eagle hunter and his eagle and drive back to Olgii. Overnight in our ger camp.
Day 05 (October 05) Start attending the eagle festival with the opening ceremony and after the festival taken to Olgii and overnight in our camp.
Day 06 (October 06) Attend the Eagle Festival. Attend a Kazakh Traditional Wedding Ceremony. Overnight in our camp. Have Goodbye Party.
Day 07 (October 07) Fly from Olgii to Ulaanbaatar. Picked up by our team from the airport and overnight at Edelweiss hotel after the dinner.
Day 08 (October 08) Our team to pick you up from the hotel and drive everyone to Fly to home countries.
Mongolia package includes for the whole trip;
- One Landcruiser for every 3 people during the whole trip in West.
- Vans 4x4 with drivers for the kitchen team and assistant and for gears.
- Fuel for all vehicles during the whole trip in West.
- 2 English speaking guides PLUS BEK himself for the whole trip.
- Hotel stays in UB and in Olgii.
- Domestic return tickets between UB and Olgii. ( Expensive tickets which are booked 6 months in advance due to high demand).
- All food, during the trip and at restaurants in Olgii and in UB.
- All Airport transfers in UB and in Olgii.
- All cooking and camping gears.
- Laundry Service
- Generator and fuel , 220 volts for electricity during the hunting stays for battery charging and other uses .
- National park and border office permits ( area you will go is close to Chinese and Mongolian border)
- Eagle festival taxes
- Eagle hunters' fees
- Horses during the eagle hunting.
- Cooking team as well as Assistants team and wranglers team and all eagle hunters who will be accompanying with you during the eagle hunting, riding and festival.
- Food in UB.
- Guide in UB
- Vehicles in UB
- Concert tickets in UB.
- other small administration fees Basically, includes everything.
Fee per person for this FULL BOARD package trip is 1950 USD.
Important tip: Domestic tickets schedule which is considered as Summer flight schedules will be announced in Late March and domestic return tickets for October specifically during the festival will HAVE TO be booked as soon as the flight schedule is announced. So it is very important. Local aviation companies make domestic tickets at least 2 times more expensive during this time of festival. And Local hotels make their prices 3 times more expensive during this festival. So this trip is quite costly.
Weather: Weather in October will be -2, to -5 during the night and + 5 to + 10 during the day in Bayan Olgii. Warmer clothes are advised to be brought.