Eagle festival 2018 package | Eagle festival 2018- Bek Travel
Day 1 (October 04) Arrive in Ulaanbaatar, welcomed by Bek Travel’s staff at UB airport. Drive to Flower hotel. After the lunch at Mongolian Nomads restaurant, we will see Natural museum. In the evening we will see Tumen-Enkh Ensemble Mongolian traditional concert. Drive back to Hotel after the dinner.
Day 2 (October 05) Fly from UB to Olgii. Arrive in Olgii, welcomed by Bek and check in hotel in Olgii. See Kazakh family concert and visit local black market and overnight in hotel.
Day 3 (October 06) Start attending the eagle festival with the opening ceremony and after the festival taken to Olgii and overnight in hotel.
Day 4 (October 07) Attend the eagle festival on this day ending with its closing ceremony. Overnight in hotel in Olgii.
Day 5 (October 08) Start driving to Altay village where you initially started to ride on horses towards Olgii along with the eagle hunters. Now it is time to experience the REAL Hunting with eagles on your own along with other eagle hunters. Arrive in Altay at Mr Ardak’s place and have welcome nomadic five finger’s ceremony with locals and other members of the trip. Overnight in wooden houses.
Day 6 (October 09) Training session on this day in the morning for a short time, how to ride a horse with a golden eagle on your arms to be ready to hunt wild animals ( such as fox, rabbit, pallas cat etc) on the Altay mountains. Enjoy the beautiful scenery of the Altay mountains with golden eagle on your arms. There will be more than 4 eagle falconers joining the Hunting for the next couple of days while you are there. You will have a lot of information and experience exchanges with them. Photography can be done too. Overnight in wooden houses.
Day 7 (October 10) You will be doing a REAL HUNTING WITH GOLDEN EAGLES along with other eagle hunters accompanying with you. In the afternoon, ride on camels and have fun. Overnight at the same family. Have good bye party. (You will have hot shower facilities there as well)
Day 8 (October 11) We will drive back to Olgii , on the way back, you will stop by a Uriankhai ( Uriankhai is a small Mongolian ethnic minority) throat singer to listen to his throat singing. Arrive in Olgii. Overnight in the hotel..
Day 9 (October 12) Fly out of Olgii to UB. Welcomed by Bek Travel’s staff again in UB and drive to Flower hotel. Overnight.
Day 10 (October 13) Our team to pick you up from the hotel and drive everyone to Fly to home countries.
Mongolia package includes for the whole trip;
1. One Landcruiser for every 3 people during the whole trip in West.
2. 3 Vans 4x4 with drivers for the kitchen team and assistant and for gears.
3. Fuel for all vehicles during the whole trip in West.
4. 2 English speaking guides for the whole trip members.
5. Hotel stays in UB and in Olgii.
6. Domestic return tickets between UB and Olgii.
7. All food, during the trip and at restaurants in Olgii and in UB.
8. All Airport transfers in UB and in Olgii.
9. All cooking and camping gears.
10. Laundry Service
11. Generator and fuel , 220 volts for electricity during the hunting stays for battery charging and other uses .
12. National park and border office permits ( area you will go is close to Chinese and Mongolian border)
13. Eagle festival taxes
14. Eagle hunters' fees
15. Horses during the eagle hunting and horses to ride from Altay village to Olgii.
16. Accommodations during the hunting.
17. Cooking team as well as Assistants team and wranglers team and all eagle hunters who will be accompanying with you during the eagle hunting, riding and festival.
18. Hotels in UB.
19. Food in UB.
20. Guide in UB
21. Vehicles in UB
22. Museum and concert tickets in UB.
23. other small administration fees Basically, includes everything.
Fee per person for this package trip is 2350 USD.
Important tip: Domestic tickets schedule which is considered as Summer flight schedules will be announced in Late March and domestic return tickets for October specifically during the festival will HAVE TO be booked as soon as the flight schedule is announced. So it is very important. Local aviation companies make domestic tickets at least 2 times more expensive during this time of festival. And Local hotels make their prices 4 times more expensive during this festival. So this trip is quite costly.
Weather: Weather in October will be -2, to -5 during the night and + 5 to + 10 during the day in Bayan Olgii. Warmer clothes are advised to be brought....
Eagle festival 2018 package | Eagle festival 2018
Groups Size: 2-12
Booking: Booking need to be done at least 20 days before tour starts.
Domestic flight tickets and relevant information.
There are 2 aviation companies called “Hunnu Airways” and “Aeromongolia” flying between UB (Ulaanbaatar) and Olgii on daily basis during summer season.
Tickets can be purchased online on the following Aeromongolia and Hunnu air websites. Or upon request, Bek Travel can book the tickets for you.
P.S Aeromongolia has not been reliable nowadays with frequent delays and flight cancellations. Would suggest not to book with them at this moment.
Some recommendations: Weather in Mongolia in summer is not very stable, sometimes it can be as cold as –degrees at nights on the mountains sometimes very hot. So it is always better to pack for the worst.
This is a suggested packing list, which you should feel free to adjust to suit your needs.
- backpack or soft bag / dowel bag for luggage
- day pack
- head lamp/flashlight
- spare batteries/bulb
- personal medications
- waterproof hiking boots/ horse riding boots
- waterproof jacket with hood
- waterproof overpants
- fleece jacket or wool jumper
- cotton t-shirts
- long sleeve shirts
- lightweight trousers
- warm hat
- long underwear
- sun hat
- sun glasses
- sun cream
- resealing (ziploc) plastic bags
- binoculars/camera ( unless otherwise)
- Wet and dry tissues ( can be bought in Olgii)
Meals: Our cook will prepare the meals mix of Western and Mongolian. We can also cater for vegetarians, vegans and gluten free upon request. There will be enough vegetables, fruits during our trips.