FIXED DATES AS FOLLOWS;
1ST round: June 2-June 11
2nd round: June 12-June 21
3rd round: June 23-July 02
4th round: July 2-July 11
5th round: July 12-July 21
6th round: July 22-July 31
7th round: August 2-August 11
8th round: August 12-August 21
9th round: August 22-August 31
10th round: September 01-September 10
Fly from UB to Olgii, arrive in the morning, short town introduction (small town) go to Halal Restaurant ( Turkish restaurant) and have brunch. After the brunch, we will drive out of Olgii heading towards to Ranger station of Tavan Bogd mountain. 3000 meters height from sea level. Arrive at the Ranger station ( 5-6 hours of drive) and overnight in gers.
Ride on horses, having camels loaded by food and equipment and after 5-6 hours of riding arrive at the base camp of Tavan Bogd mountain (3-4 hours). Set up our tents and start the camping. See Potanian glacier around the base camp. Overnight in tents.
Early morning, Climb to Malchin peak on this day which is 4000 meters high ( 3hours). Then climb down to the base camp ( 3 hour) and Overnight.
Day 4 Hike down to the ranger station. (5-6 hours) Arrive at the Ranger station and overnight in gers.
Start trekking from Ranger station heading to Bear valley thru Dakilbay Pass, ( Also called Death pass) (6-7 hours) ( This is the only pass that connects Tavan Bogd mountain area with the lakes area through Aksu River Valley). Overnight in Khar Ayrag Valley in tents.
We will pass the Death Pass today and arrive at Bear Valley and overnight. There will be a lot of waterfalls and snow mountains around us to see. Overnight in tents.
We will continue to trek down the valley and arrive at Uyshik and overnight. Overnight in tents.
Continue trekking downhill to the Aksu rivers junction and meet with our driving team and send the wrangler team back and will continue today by car ( 1-2 hours) to the Kazakh nomadic family where we will organize a small nomadic ceremony by Inviting all neighbors “ Five fingers” feast. Sing songs and enjoy your time with nomads. Overnight in gers and tents.
Early morning some can hike to waterfall in Baga Turgen Valley, the after lunch we will drive back to Olgii ( 5 hours) and on the way, we will visit Kazakh eagle hunter’s family and see golden eagle have the lunch, then drive to Olgii ( 1 hour) and have goodbye party at Bek’s ger camp. Overnight.
You will fly from Olgii to UB.
End of the trip
Per Person Fee: 1890 USD
Includes below in Western Mongolia:
- Return tickets between UB and Olgii.
- All meals in Western Mongolia
- Van 4x4, driver
- English speaking guide
- Camels and Horses
- All Accommodations in Western Mongolia
- Border area permits and National Park taxes
- All camping and cooking equipment
- Drinks and toilet papers ( Water, juice etc)
- Eagle hunter’s entertainment fees ( wearing traditional clothes and holding eagles on arms taking photos etc)
- We can also gather for vegetarians and gluten free if required at no additional charges.
- Other administrative costs
Everything in Ulaanbaatar.
Luggage storage, transport and luggage limits with domestic airlines.
With Bek Travel, you can store any extra luggage in Bek’s storage in Olgii before heading out to West for the trip. And any other luggage that you would need for the trip will be loaded on vehicles and camels depending on the itinerary and the places we visit. Camels will carry your baggage together with the food and equipment for the trail. Please note that you will not have access to these items until the end of each day as our pack camels will always be ahead of the group. You should therefore bring a day pack in which you can carry personal belongings such as your camera, water and sun screen etc.
Domestic flights have limit of 15kgs maximum including luggage and hand luggage. Any extra luggage can be of course taken but you will be charged approximately 2USD for each extra kg.
Packing List for 9 day Tavan Bogd National Park all combined Trekking.
- Passport– Bek Travel needs your passport copies before your arrival in Mongolia as they are needed to get border area patrol permits which we will prepare in advance. We will also need them to book the domestic flights.
- Sleeping bag- You will need a good warm sleeping bag for the trek. So please bring a four season (or -10 Celsius / 15 Fahrenheit or below) sleeping bag. Given sleeping bag temperature is a guideline only, although this depends on how much you feel the cold a. Roll mats are provided on the trek however for greater comfort and warmth we recommend you to bring your Thermorest style mattresses. Please let us know if you are bringing your mats. Or we can also provide with matts in case you may not bring it for any reasons.
- Waterproof, well worn-in walking boots- Good quality, comfortable footwear is essential. Whatever you wear on your feet the most important thing is comfort. It is vital to ensure your boots are well worn in and lightweight. Ankle support and waterproof material is recommended but if you already have something comfortable with good grip on rocks then don’t go rushing out to buy new boots – you are better off with your well worn in pair!
- Waterproof clothing - A plastic poncho or any kind of waterproof trousers and jackets are recommended. However a poncho will usually be sufficient if it covers your bag, body and most of your legs.
- Plastic bags - to keep your belongings and clothes dry (wrap everything in plastic bags).
- Small towel and basic personal toiletries- there would be opportunities for cold showers at the campsite so bring travel size shampoo and shower gel if you would like to use it, wet wipes for the rest of the trek is also recommended. You can of course get them in Olgii easily.
- Water bottle– bring one large (1.5 litre) or two or three small water bottles that can be refilled on the trail with boiled water, which will be supplied every morning at the campsite.
- Warm cloth for night time - Fleece, long pants, woolen hat, gloves
- Walking cloth in layers– e.g. zip off trousers, fleece, T-shirts
- Personal medication and basic first aid kit- Bandaids, Imodium, Panadol, rehydration sachets, Just to know, our trek leader would bring first aid kid.
- Snacks- Chocolates, chips, biscuits, energy bars. Snacks are provided during the trek but you may like to bring one or two extras just in case.
- Torch(flash-light) - (Very Important) and spare batteries.
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and sunhat
- Mosquito repellent
- Antiseptic hand gel
Helmet: It would be better if you bring one, because for your safety you would need this when you ride on horse or camel.